Friday, September 26, 2008

Gender Piece


Directive:
Create a multicultural art project that explores your personal membership in various social profiles (gender, race, class, ability, sexual orientation, age and religion, as well as any others).
Time Limit: 2 weeks
Setting: made at home for presentation in class Power, Privilege and Oppression

Process:
This piece was a first draft for this project. I struggled with the various different pieces that I had to consider, so for this piece I narrowed it down to just gender. While this may look like a female body part, that was not my original intention. I was aiming for an abstract female form. The following post will reveal the final version for this project, which looks nothing like this. The most difficult part of this assignment was to try to create images/objects that were not stereotypes of these concepts (gender, race, class, ability, sexual orientation, age and religion, as well as any others).

No comments: